Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

van Gogh and Beady Love in the Midst of All This White and Grey











If we are friends here and we e-mail each other or if we are friends on Facebook, then you probably have heard me complain about this.

















Liz of Bead Contagion decided to send me a pick-me-up and filled a padded mailer with beads in a very van Gogh color palette.  I got the envelope yesterday afternoon and by bedtime, I made these.  The plan was to make a necklace, but I soon reconsidered.

I made a commitment to donate 60 pair of earrings to Ears To You and have yet to send any out.  For this project, I ordered niobium ear wires in various colors and thought the 5 yellow pair that came with the rainbow pack would sit around my workshop for a few years waiting for a project.  But they go perfectly with these beads!  So that finalized the decision to make these rounds into earrings.













 So here they are~the kick-off to my 60 pair!  Only 55 to go!!!  Thanks Liz~ for your generosity, inspiration, and COLOR!!!  You swept the grey away :-)




(no flash)








 





 (flash.  how cool is the glow of those center beads?!) 






11 comments:

windrock studio said...

very cool glow! and such awesome color to share with a snow bunny buddy!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I love these super anti-winter-blah colours, Christine :) A great bunch to party with at Ears to You!

KJ said...

Snow is a good excuse to get things done. The care package was a wonderful treat and the earrings were a good choice.

Now, if the snow would just melt I am ready to get other things. :)

Unknown said...

Love the earrings Christine, I am glad to hear that they cheered you up and that you were able to get going on your project!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Take 2 ...blogger eating my comments :(

Love these earrings ... fun, sunny and perfect for the winter blues! and so 'round and round' my friend!

Maryanne said...

What fantastic earrings. The colors are gorgeous! My kind of colors!! I love the glow of those center beads! How could they not take relieve all the gray!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the 60s vibe! And wishing our temperatures were in the 60s, as well!

Liz said...

Yeay! What a wonderful idea to donate those earrings. I couldn't imagine anything more perfect <3

Bobbie said...

What a wonderful, warm gift to you and from you on your quest to the 60 pairs of earrings!

Oh, and just when our snow all melted away, it snowed again today. I feel your pain!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow! 60 pairs?! That will be a gratifying donation!

I'm so done with the snow. I got rear ended last week and it appeared the car was fine. Just a scratch on the bumper. So I let the other driver go since it was blizzard like conditions. Well the next morning I see from the other side of the car that the rear quarter is all off, including the trunk. I'm a dumbass now since I didn't get her information! UGH. Winter sucks.

Amy S. said...

Oh these colors are the perfect remedy for the doldrums of winter!!!