Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Creative Continuum of Seven Artists~February

Today is the second of Seven dates from now through July we will be posting work we made with goodie bags other Bloggers sent us.  Alicia had the idea that we each send out six packages with beads or focals and on the 26th of each month we reveal what we made with a certain participant's package.
I am honored to be in this group of Seven...these ladies are a creative bunch.  
Participating in this Event and their Package Month and theme are : 

Monique of A Half-Baked Notion  :  January ~ National Gallery of Canada

Moi  :  February ~ Round and Round 

Sally of The Studio Sublime  :  March ~ Contrasting Colors

Therese of Therese's Treasures  :  April ~ Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Alicia of All The Pretty Things (and the brains behind this lovely continuing hop :-D )  :  May ~ Seasons

Cynthia of Antiquity Travelers  :  June ~ SomethingOld/SomethingNew/SomethingBorrowed/SomethingBlue



Emma of A Polymer Penchant  :  July ~ not sure if Emma picked a theme but I would say, Beauty!  




 I made two necklaces~one with a rock, another beaded around a shell marquis ring.  

So without too much further wordiness, because I feel like crap at the moment (the curse continues, Monique!), here are my necklaces :-)






The Chain~Seed Beads















 The Rock~from Lake Michigan
















The Necklace~I got the black beads at a bead show.  They were tagged as vintage.  I really like their shape. 


















The Chain~Seed Beads and Fire Polish Beads

















Focal~Shell, Seed Beads, Fire Polish Beads, Twin Hole Beads


















Thank You Alicia~I am having such a good time with this hop!

13 comments:

Alicia said...

Ah, beautiful necklaces. I love how you find so unique ways to transform one simple item (a rock or a ring) into a gorgeous main piece. Then you proceed to create the perfect rope to hang it on from :)
Thank you - for participating and for sending out such beauties. Looking forward to many more 'meets' (and I hope you feel better! get well, my friend, get well!)

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful pieces Christine, I am always in awe of your chains. Do you make up the stitches? Thank you for the components that you sent to me to work with I had a wonderful time creating with them.
I hope you are feeling much better.
Therese

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Dang, I was supposed to lift that curse, Christine... must have slipped my mind... again!

I was so amazed with your "rocks". I admit I'm the type of person who doesn't look beyond the ordinary very often. A rock is a rock, right? Duh... NOT! The juxtaposition of intricate beadwork on the natural stone surface is awesome amd intriguing, and I also love the woven chains you made to finish off these unique components.

Thanks for introducing me to the concept of "dressing up" these wonderful stones. It was exciting to work with your creation (postal drama notwithstanding!)

Maryanne said...

These necklaces are beautiful, Christine. I agree with Therese, you come up with the most wonderful beaded chains! Hope you feel better soon.

Honey from the Bee said...

You know I love when you incorporate one of your rocks. That rope is a stunner!

A Polymer Penchant said...

I simply adore the texture of beaded chain. They are both so pretty in different ways. I must have been some sort of elipse or paisley in a former life since those shapes make me swoon in a way I can't quite describe. Part of why I stopped to take a breather on my own piece was so I could see what the rest of you lovely ladies got up to, you certainly did not disappoint!

AntiquityTravelers said...

You know I love your rocks :).

No exception here! Really love the grey and black with it as it lets the focal be the star. And the pops of red are great. They bring out the bead pattern. Just perfectly enough!

And the hoop. I love the deep rich color here with blue offset with copper! So gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing your rocks (I can't type that without giggling)

Bits of Learning said...

Oh Christine, your pieces are beautiful beady goodness! YOU ROCK!!! I saved your post for last so that I can linger a little longer and marvel at the beautiful beady chains that you create.
Thank you for the wonderful components you handcrafted, I love them and was so excited about working with them.
Feel better!!!

Amy S. said...

I love what you do with rocks!!!! Also - that pointy oval focal is pretty awesome indeed!!!

Karin Slaton said...

I love that there's always something new and unusual in your designs, Christine. I really (really!!) love the focal treatment in your second necklace. I can see that technique used with other two-hole beads, other open focal shapes...wheels are turning. Hope you're feeling better soon!

windrock studio said...

Really love what you did with the rock & the shell and the fire polish beads ... all so fantastic!
Feel better.

KJ said...

I like the rock. I want to bezel a rock for a friend of mine who collects rocks. Good job.

Becky Pancake said...

Christine your components are awesome. The red in the first necklace really makes it pop. Your second piece is beautiful too.your designs are very creative and unique.