Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Orange and Purple in all this Grey and White

I am so bleeping over winter.
Bleep this Bleep.


So here is a little color.
  Cynthia gave me the bracelet bar made by Chris Pellow.
It has been revised several times before arriving at this state.  I am finally happy with it. For over a year,  I was using purple recycled sari and these carnelians on it.  Every month I would redo the sari~carnelian combo.  Last month, I decided to abandon that and go for a spiral rope with carnelian. Works much better.  I was trying to granola this bracelet bar, but she was having none of it.




this makes me hungry for grapes...or thirsty for wine

made a toggle on the spiral end and one the carnelian side, i ended it with stacked flower beads to fit through the toggle.  i made that little pinwheel too :-)  

10 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love this bracelet! I love purple and orange and in winter it's better than ever! I love the little pin wheel and the toggle is the perfect to finish the spiral rope.
It's Febrary so I'm hoping for an early spring!!

windrock studio said...

I don't know what you did to it but I sure know that it turned out very pretty ... and I didn't know that I was so fond of these colors together!

Honey from the Bee said...

Those carnelian barrels are gorgeous. Love the color combo. Your patience paid off.

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful Christine I love the color combination . Carnelian is one of my favorite stones.
Therese

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

This is a great color combo and an awesome focal! Love the spiral, too!

It is supposed to be 58 degrees in Northern VA on Sunday...with a high of 28 by Friday. Mother Nature has been in such a bad mood lately....

AntiquityTravelers said...

ooooooh! loving this! the color combo is fantastic, and somehow soothing in a tropical way. Ok, now I want an umbrella drink :)

Bobbie said...

I love purple and carnelian together, and that pinwheel is adorable!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love this Christine! Orange and purple are such ying and yang together.

I feel your pain with this winter! I think Jim's son had 5 snow days in the last 2 weeks. Crazy!!! I've never seen that before. Now it is supposed to snow starting tonight into Tuesday. Seriously?!?!

Amy S. said...

I love love love love love this bracelet!! And a perfect colorful respite from this bleepin' weather. Gosh - and we're all in for it again!!!!! Good thing we have beads to keep us sane!

bmlilith60 said...

Truly gorgeous.