Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Brick and Buttons

As you know, I love beading around in circles, I love brick stitch, and I have a huge stash of my Gram's buttons.  So.....





I am finding that I like 4 holes better than two and that a simple pattern is better than a more complex one.

Most of these are headed to Lyn Carey's shop Earth and Wears ~ where Handmade Lovelies peek out of every little nook and cranny!  If you are ever in the area, do go there ~ you will be oh so glad you did!

I made a few of these in November to see if they would sell at Earth and Wears and they did!  Yay!  So I figured I better make some more :-)


13 comments:

bmlilith60 said...

Beautiful.

Maryanne said...

These are beautiful, Christine! I love that you sewed into the holes. Really a very cool idea! I may have to "borrow" it with some of the buttons in my stash.
Stay warm this weekend.

Jasvanti said...

Those are so cute!!
I love them.

kimmykats said...

love these! I have another one pinned on Pinterest....hmmm

Bobbie said...

Oh, my word. I just completely fell out. These are fantastic - may be my favorite thing you've done recently!

Liz said...

I love the designs the threads make on the buttons. That has to be one of the best uses of buttons I've ever seen!!!

CraftyHope said...

Yow KNOW my love for buttons so these caught my eye for sure! They are so, so awesome. Love them!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work with the buttons. I love how you glammed them up!

Unknown said...

I love these, Christine! The patterns that the colored thread make are really cool. Kinda reminds me of playing with Spirographs as a kid. Great job!

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh I love when you bead in circles! and these are all so wonderful! I catch myself trying to figure out the pattern of the stitching ... but then you know I bead with fireline, and that likely wouldn't have the effect you've got here! LOL

Amy S. said...

These are super fun!!!

Mushroom said...

These are very interesting. However, I would not be covering vintage buttons that are worth a lot of money. I would use plain utility buttons that are not valuable.

Maple said...

Is there and option to purchase these, or the directions?