Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

.....was.....

If you are interested to find out how .....was.....started, click here.

There has been a stairway to nowhere near where I live for as long as I lived here.  It was just plunked out in the grass, nothing near it.  I decided to photograph it.  And guess what?  It is gone.  I finally decide to bring my camera with me and the Stairway to Nowhere is Gone.  It was still around as late as the end of August.  Wonder where it went?  This was in the same field.  What's the story with this one?  And where did the Stairway go?  It was concrete stairs (about 8-10 steps) and an iron handrail.

Lackawanna County
Pennsylvania



5 comments:

Maryanne said...

I think this was someone's house with a workshop attached. Now the woods are claiming it. I love the hostas growing in the foreground! They're hard to kill off! The stairway probably was taken by a salvage company to resell. Just a guess!
Hope everything is going well and you're enjoying the fall weather!

windrock studio said...

I've always liked stairways that go nowhere. Maybe this is a lesson in getting the images while you have the chance! you snooze, you lose ... you know?

Therese's Treasures said...

Jean was a good girl, well that is what most of the people of her little town thought at least. Jean has two best buddies Earl and Randy. They hung out together all the time. One day Jean said "Ya know we need to do something, I'm bored." Randy and Earl looked at her and said "Like what?" "I don't know something mischievous", Jean said. Then Jean looked at them both with an evil grin and said "Let's take the stairs that go to no where, you know the one's that went to the old house that burnt down a long time ago"...

Therese

AntiquityTravelers said...

this looks like a park to me and the stairs went up to a look out across the field ... a sort of gazebo of sorts to get a better view. But that was a long time ago, when the coal mines were still running strong and the area was prosperous. Now it is just a relic of the past ....

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I am always amazed when I see remnants of buildings...usually, all that remains is the fireplace. This was definetly at least two stories at one time, as there is a speck of a wooden window shutter in the front. But, what intrigues me is the blue object in the right rear of the building. Looks like a child's swimming pool.