Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

L O N G Time Coming

I started this Lariat poolside in August and finished it last night.  What took me so long?  I only worked on it when I did not have to concentrate on anything.  I could mindlessly weave this one. The simplicity and the rhythm of this one really speak to me.  It is all about the color and the length.  And the possibilities.  I used 54 inches of a picasso mix and put pretty glass beads I got in Michigan at the ends.  I am getting a lot of mileage out of Michigan beads and rocks :-)

Here are a few ways to wear it (again, I apologize for photo quality...Eastern US=Grey Day) :













In other jewelry news~

I took Kim's Holiday Ornament she send for the Ornament Swap Hop and put it on a chain...YAY!  It will go back on the tree in December, but for the other 11 months, it will be worn on my chest :-)  What a beauty!






And lastly, Therese and I will have a She Made~She Made reveal on Thursday, February 28th.  We will be using these beads Therese picked for the occasion~fire cracked agate and Juli Cannon's Studio Juls heart.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! you should be so proud to have finished a ufo!! I know I would be. LOL

Honey from the Bee said...

I really like it as a cuff! Beautiful stitch... Those agates are yummy... can't wait to see what the two of you come up with!

kimmykats said...

Oh you have me laughing again! Love love the necklace...what fun. Can't wait to see what you two crazy ladies come up with!!

windrock studio said...

All of you beader gals just blow me away! Each piece is gorgeous :))

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh boy ... so much in 'beading news' going on - LOL... LOVING the lariat, wish mine had come out like yours! I think my was too thick - you're is so delicate and pretty! You are certainly going to get the most out of your ornament swap! and can't wait to see what you and Therese come up with on this next round

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I love the versatality of that lariat, especially when worn as a bracelet! That is such a pretty stitch! But...your ornament on a chain is so, so pretty! Great idea!

Gloria said...

The colors in your lariat make me think of looking at pretty little rocks at the edge of a stream- very pretty!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

O wow, you are really talented! And patient lol!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Gorgeous lariat Christine! I love the versatility! Speaking of versatility, what a great idea wearing that pretty ornament as a pendant!!!

Bits of Learning said...

Beautiful lariat/ bracelet.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for the She Made~She Made reveal! The beads and focal are beautiful.

LisaS said...

Hi Christine, I love all the options with that lariat. Great Colors too;)