Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lovely Blogs...15 of Them!


Janet, from Honey from the Bee, nominated my little blog as one of her 15 lovelies that she often follows. I was really surprised and giddy, as I hold Janet's blog, writing, jewelry, and photography in such high esteem. You know when something just speaks to you? That feeling you get? I get that feeling at Honey From the Bee. I don't comment a lot but I always visit. I like it there.
I will make a list of 15 shortly and would love to put Janet on my list, but instead of looping, I will continue to pay it forward.

So when you are nominated, the rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated your blog. THANK YOU JANET!!! I appreciate your kindness and your warmth.

2. Tell 7 facts about yourself.

3. Pass the award on to 15 newly discovered blogs. Since I have only been doing this for 6 months, it is a sliding scale as to what I consider "newly discovered".


7 facts about me:

*I am a sucker for a redhead & a big, long, skinny nose. If he had red hair, I dated him. I cannot help it. When my husband grew his beard, it came in red and I was elated that I married a redhead and didn't even know it. JACKPOT!

*I have had the same haircut for 30+ years now. BORING, but easy. I hate spending time getting myself ready to go out, so it works well for me. And I love the grey color!

*I am not competitive in the least. Unless I am playing cards. Then I play to win.

*I have a scar at the base of my neck. I like it. It is turned up, like a smile :-) I love scars...they add character, tell a story, show resilience. I hate to have my neck touched so it figures I would have to have my thyroid removed and all sorts of people would be poking my neck.

*I never forget a voice. I may forget a face, I usually forget a name, but never a voice.

*I have 2 things I spend money on without thought to how much it costs...music and beads. I cannot get through the day without music. I recently noticed a pattern. I get completely immersed in a musician for a year or more-buy all their cds, books, dvds, pour over liner notes, go to shows (if they are still alive and touring in my area). Then after that, I still love them but can just enjoy them in the mix. Even when I am into my musician of the year, I still listen to others. My most recent string of Lust includes: Gram Parsons, Steve Earle, Leonard Cohen, Warren Zevon, Woody Guthrie, and Jackson Browne. Yeah, I know...all men.

*I do not work well with others. Give me the task and the deadline and LEAVE ME ALONE.


And now, the 15 blogs I am nominating and I hope you check out:

1. Sally ~ Wireworked

2. Mandy ~ Beads for Brains 365

3. Hope ~ Crafty Hope

4. Amy ~ Copper Diem

5. Susan ~ Windrock Studio

6. Erin ~ Elysian Studios

7. Erin ~ Treasures Found

8. Lori ~ Pretty Things

9. Doug ~ Dilettante Cocktailer

10. Heather ~ My Muse, Aquariart

11. Holly ~ Silver Rose Designs

12. Patty ~ My Life Under the Bus

13. Sharon ~ Livewire Jewelry

14. Therese ~ Therese's Treasures

15. Tamara ~ Vanishing Pearl


Happy Hopping!!! Hope you find a few more blogs you will be interested in following :-)


One last thing to say: My Giveaway event is still happening. I forgot to give a date for the drawing...October 11th. Paul's Birthday. Appropriate since he was the one who convinced me to start One Kiss Creations Beaded Jewelry back in 2000 and appropriate since he was the first winner of my first giveaway. So keep the entries coming!

Have a great week!

7 comments:

windrock studio said...

Hey Christine, well I see my name here so I just wanted to say a big Thank You ... now I need to go back and read this again and find out more about you and check out these other blogs! What fun!

Elysian Studios said...

I loved the things you shared about yourself! I have a few of them in common with you: dated lots of redheads myself (married a brunette though)- I too have a thyroid issue (though I hope I don't have to have surgery!)- and I also am obsessed with music- (and, yeah, I can relate to that give me a deadline and leave me alone thing!)

I am so flattered to be among such great blogs- Thanks so much!

TesoriTrovati said...

Hey Miss Christine! I just hopped on over and what a sweet surprise to see that you selected me for the One Lovely Blog award. That is just so nice of you. You are my 'something good' today!

I came by to let you know that you were the winner of my 'simple truth' pendant giveaway from the Bead Soup. Send me an email with your address to enjoytheday{at}tesoritrovati{dot}com and I will send your little hummingbird on the wing for you!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

sharon said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog Christine!
I liked reading your intersting personal facts too!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh my XOXOX Thank You so much!

I love the secret red head discovery. My next door neighbors are all brunettes except for her middle daughter who is a red head - we always joke she belongs to the UPS guy!

Congrats to you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting me in such great company! You are a SWEETHEART!

Honey from the Bee said...

Christine - You are very welcome and I thank YOU for the lovely appreciation post! I've enjoyed getting to know you and like you don't always comment. Are we stalking? Of course not! Just quietly being friends. : )

I had to laugh at the red head luck! When I was a teenager I was in love with Mark Spitz and thought "I'm going to marry a guy with dark hair and a mustache" some day. Well, I'd forgotten about it later in life, but when I met my husband - there he was with dark hair and a mustache, named Marc and even looks a little like Mark Spitz! Turned out he was coloring his hair, because he'd turned white/grey at age 25, but his mustache was dark and when I told him to stop worrying about the hair - he looks pretty darn handsome with the grey.

My hubby would love your current taste in music - you listed some of his favorites.