Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

She Made~She Made is BACK!!! (with a touch of Sari Monday)

Therese and I are back :-D  She was kind enough to accommodate my need to slow down for the summer.  Thanks Friend :-)  You are so easy-going with me.  I love ya!


I sent Therese a photo on my cell phone of this month's selection.  Last Friday, my phone informed me that its memory was full and so I started dumping stuff off it.  My phone is shaky at best lately, but that is a whole other stressful topic.  So before I could post it here, I dumped the photo I sent Therese.  But it was of orange glass beads I picked up at Nawbin's Beads in Traverse City, Michigan and jade donuts Therese shared with me.

I combined them to make this pendant, hung on recycled sari ribbon from (you guessed it!) Darn Good Yarn :






I originally had two size 15 seed beads on either side of that center orange bead, but at the last second decided it needed a touch of movement.  So I swallowed hard and broke the beads, knowing full well the thread might break and i would have to make this piece all over again.  The Powers That Bead were with me at that moment...whew!






I had a lot of orange beads left and decided to go bright, so here is what came next:


(my model needs a shirt without that neck seam)

All glass beads!  This is what Fall looks like around here these days~bright orange, bright red, yellow  and bright blue sky!









Please go see what Therese made.









13 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful Christine, I love both of your pieces so simple, but yet elegant. This pick was perfect for the Fall season. Thank you for being such a wonderful partner in this challenge.
Therese

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

A double two-fer today from you i see....Sari monday and your blog hop with Therese! These are both gorgeous! I love the creative use of the donut, and I am really loving these color combos!!!

kimmykats said...

Beautiful pieces of work....love the autumn colors. With our dry spell most of the color is muted on the trees...will see how it ends up! So glad you two are back at it!!

Karin Slaton said...

One of the best things about Fall is pulling orange back into our wardrobes. Love that you paired that burnt orange sari ribbon with the yellow-orange in your pendant. And I'm thinking how smashing your second piece would look against this year's Titanium!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Both designs are wonderful! I love what you did with the donut. Very cool! The second one is amazing with the vibrant colors. An attention grabber. :)

Liz said...

Both pieces are fabulous, warm and glowing. It's so fun to see the two approaches. Looking forward to the next one.

AntiquityTravelers said...

I love how you bead around donuts Christine! and the red-orange combo is really nice ... really has a depth to that combo! Both are warm and wonderful pieces!

CraftyHope said...

Both of your necklaces are really great. That second one is my favorite though. The colors you worked into it are really eye-catching and it's a perfect length! Awesome.

Elysian Studios said...

WOW! That second necklace is fabulous!! I love the simple pendant too, but the color and the detail (and the time!)of the second one is so beautiful! Nice work, Christine!!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

Beautiful beadwork! And the colours are so cheerful -- perfect autumn pieces :)

LisaS said...

Love them both! Orange is one of my favorite colors ;)

Unknown said...

Wow girl! They are both gorgeous, and I totally know that feeling of, 'am I really going to break this bead on purpose'. Really, really love that first necklace.

Irit M said...

Lovely!! I like the combination of orange and blue!!