Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

23 Months in the Making

That is a wicked long gestation period!



I won this Simple Truths pendant, made by Erin over at Treasures Found, waaaaaay back in October 2011.  It has sat in on every bead project ever since.  I have used it, cut the project apart, used it, cut the project apart, weave, cut, repeat for 23 months.  I cannot tell you how much I adore this simple little pendant.  But I just couldn't make it happen in any piece at all.  Then, this summer, I was working on a very simple anklet for a friend.  And it hit me~Simple.  I was trying to put it in elaborate, fussy pieces when all it wanted was a simple place to shine.  It was in the name all along.  Simple Truths.








Sally at the Studio Sublime gave me these enameled discs at the same time I won the pendant (way back when she was still Wireworked!).  They were destined to be together.

9 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh yeah! I love that little hummingbird and forgot all about him until I saw this. I am guilty of too many times that I complicate things. This is great. I love Miss Sally and her enameled components are awesome! Thank you for sharing this! Enjoy the day. Erin

Maryanne said...

Sometimes simple is best. I find that a hard concept to remember too. This turned out beautifully!

Elysian Studios said...

It's lovely! I too had a "cut it apart and keep it simple" moment just yesterday! Beautiful work, Christine!

Shai Williams said...

I have the same issue. For myself, I prefer the simpler necklaces. When I am designing to put in my shop however I tend to lean towards the complicated.

AntiquityTravelers said...

I do that all the time! I say .... don't be afraid to cut when it just isn't work'n! I've got one of those on the table at the moment ... happens to be the piece for my own friken hop! But love how this came together ... and it is the advice I'm giving myself ... simplify (if you can?! I gotta work on it!)

kimmykats said...

I tend to put this kind of thing on the side table and come back to it.....uh there are a few laying there......beautiful piece you ended up with!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Christine,
Keeping it simple is sometime a difficult task for us beadweavers, but you broke through and made a beautiful necklace. I love the little pendant and the disks just compliment everything.
Therese

Sweet Freedom said...

This is perfect!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Awww. The bird is so sweet! I love what you did. Some things take 23 months to accomplish. LOL That is part of being human. :)