Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Just Words.

I am really back this time after a few false starts.  My kids started school 2 weeks later than usual this year.  I thought I could get back to my normal routine before they started school since The Bug had to keep a routine for XC practice...but I couldn't.  Oh well.  So today, I will return e-mails, take some photos, order a few jewelry items, get packages ready to send out, and bake for the traditional First Day of School Afternoon Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk ChatFest.

My desires for my little blog this year are as follows:

~take a week to post some posts that I have been meaning to get to all summer (2 Liebster  Q&A's; a necklace that has been embarrassingly long in the making, other odds and ends)

~blog hops (esp if they are weekday reveals), including another round of A Time To Stitch co-hosted with my sweet beading friend, Therese

~the return of She Made/She Made with Therese (end of Sept is the first one...what is the date, Therese?)

~Sari Monday (when I have sari/fiber pieces to show)

~a new feature I am keeping under wraps until I get it rolling

~Getting My Rocks Off on Hump Day (when I have rocks to show) or any other jewelry pieces I want to show

~Thankful Thursdays.  I just LOVE hearing your stories and how these memories of my own bring yours to the surface.  And I really enjoy the randomness of it.  I look around and take the photo moments before I post it, so there is no forethought to the post, which seems to keep it loose and fresh

~WTFriday?!  When I am stuck or when I stumble across a UFO from a few years back that I put aside because I still do not know how to finish it, maybe one of you can make a good suggestion.  Or maybe you would like to finish it!

~learn some Native American beadwork stitches and use it in contemporary pieces, perhaps with Cynthia Machata ;-)  She has brought me back to why I started beading in the first place.  A big warm hug to you, Cynthia!

~and speaking of which: the whole reason why I first bought beads back in 1991 was so that I could start out slow and eventually learn to make amulet bags.  22 years later, I have yet to attempt an amulet bag.  I still have the strong desire.  What am I waiting for?!?!?!?

Ambitious.  More so than I have ever been.  I look at this and it looks like a full time job.  But I have a desire to do more and I don't know where it is coming from, so I will just listen to myself for a change.  I may not post 5 a week, but that is a loose format of what I am aiming for.  A bit of structure here so I can wander wherever the beads lead when I am in the workshop.

I need to get the house cleaned first after 3 months of Throw and Go.  Ugh.




12 comments:

Maryanne said...

Welcome back, Christine! You do have an ambitious schedule for your blog but sometimes that's what we need to do. Make a list and find some structure! Of course, I could use some structure in my life right now! But, it's good to have you back in blogland!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Ambitious? Duh, yes... but having that structure may actually make things easier, Christine. I can't wait to read all about it!

Karin Slaton said...

Some exciting (and inspiring!)series you've chosen for your blog. I just walked in from my front porch where I've been jotting down some potential post topics to try to give my own blog some consistency for the rest of the year. I'll consider it a triumph if I can post twice a week! Had to smile at your amulet bag story. I've always wanted to stitch one up, too. Maybe this will be our year...

Liz said...

Someone needs to take charge and do an amulet bag blog hop . . .

It's going to be great to read about your adventures again, however many you manage to post. Structure and rules are good, but sometimes its more fun to break them.

May inspiration surround you.

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh boy! off to the races!! It has taken some 'easing in' for me .... not quite fully 'back' yet, but getting there. It was so nice to take the summer off (for the most part)... and for that I thank you for the inspiration! I'm ready to do some beading .... a little Native American style? .... hmmmm, a mini (small-ish) hop?

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Sounds like you have put some serious thought into your blogging process! I need to do this, too. I like your idea of "labeling" your posts, giving them concistancy. I have the hardest time coming up with topics! I am most intrigued with your Friday title!

Unknown said...

Love how structured your plan is. It makes finding things to write about easier, doesn't it?

As for cleaning the house, it can wait another three months, right?

windrock studio said...

Lots of good ideas! I love sharing in whatever you come up with ... well, except beading! You know what I mean.

LisaS said...

An admirable plan! Welcome back! We have certainly missed you ;)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Busy, busy Christine! Writing down your thoughts is half the battle and I think you will have no problem accomplishing your blog goals! I hope you get to make your first amulet bag. They look tricky, but so beautiful. You certainly have the skills for it. :)

Sweet Freedom said...

Looking forward to your new creations!

KJ said...

My you are ambitious. I try to post once a week and haven't even been making that!

Work on the amulet bag- they are fulfilling.