Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

She Made~She Made, The First Time




 The time has finally arrived for Therese and I to post our first She Made ~ She Made Monthly Challenge :-D      Yippeee!!!!!

The details of the monthly challenge and the stash involved can be found here

These Blue Amazonites have a very beautiful color the the shape and faceting on these made them real easy to work with.  I used every single one of them and  will definitely keep my eyes open for more when I shop for beads.




My first design brought me back to the first class I ever taught for pay.  I call  this design "Girl's Best Friend".  I have used picasso donuts, tiger's eye, Swarovski crystals of various shapes, and carnelian in this design in the past.  The first time I saw these blue beauties, I knew I wanted to make this bracelet.








Next, I went with tilas.  They sit on my table, seldom used, almost taunting me.  I rarely know what to do with them.  Then this happened:





And last, but certainly not least, a necklace.  This was a challenge x2.  The challenge between Therese, the blue amazonites and me, and the challenge of weaving around a cab.  I am still not comfortable with this.  Maybe if I stuck with peyote I would be.  But I am interested in finding other stitches that work well around the cab.  I think I found a Great method, but that picture cannot be shown until the Time to Stitch 2 reveal on October 25th (that should give you a Big Hint as to what stitch I have fallen in love with to go around the cab!).  I played around and came up with what essentially is ladder and picot for this one.




Here is a closer look at the cab.  It was made by Erin at Elysian Studios.  It is made of polymer clay and is the most comfortable thing to hold in my hand.  It reminded me of a worry stone.  As I fondled it, I could feel the smoothness and beauty and it really gave me peace.  And peace is not something I ever feel when working with cabs!  Erin will soon be carrying these jewelry components and other handmade beads in her Etsy shop.  Can't wait until they are in the shop and I can order more! 


I may redo a bit of the area right above the cab.  The teardrops do lay well above the cab, despite what story the picture tells.  And I do like the twist the beads take that are immediately above the cab, but I am not sure I love it yet.  I was trying to get a more "imperfect" feel there and I think I achieved that.  But it might be too imperfect. 




Thank You to Erin for making such a beautiful cab!

And Thank You Therese for the generous gift of all the beads you gave me, for the inspiration to go new places with my weaving, for putting up with my lack of computer knowledge, for the fantastic badge!, for being my Hop partner, and for your friendship.  A few hours in Carlisle was not nearly enough.  I cannot wait to see you again :-)

Now it is time for you to go over to Therese's Treasures and see what she made with these lovely Blue Amazonites.   Thank you for stopping by and sharing a bit of your day with us! 

15 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love your bracelets and necklace. The tila bracelet is beautiful! Great way to use tilas.

Therese's Treasures said...

Wow Christine Wow! I am off today, so I want to apologize for not commenting earlier, but between the rain and my comfy bed I just did not want to get up. Now on to your pieces. Girl don't you ever tell me you don't have mad skills again!LOL These pieces are fantastic I love both bracelets the first one you made is so pretty. I love those colors of blue and green together, teach me that stitch Teacher! The second bracelet with the tila's is gorgeous! Now for the necklace That is a wonderful bezel around Erin's cab, I will have to use that one, and using the black seed bead with the scattering of blue seed beads just set the cab and amazonite off.
This was fun I can not wait to see what you choose for us to do in October. Thank you for being who you are and my friend!
Therese

LisaS said...

Great work with those beautiful beads! I really like the cab necklace sounds like a bit of a challenge;)

AntiquityTravelers said...

I love these colors! and the little tiles you made for that first bracelet are awesome! The tila bracelet is stunning .. might have to hunt that pattern. and then that cab - WOW. you have been beading up a storm lately with all these focals! I love this stitch! and the necklace is beautiful how you set off that pretty pale blue with black. I was working on my st pete's last night with a similar blue and was just trying to decide if I should pull in black! :)

Elysian Studios said...

Wow!! I love everything you made- that second bracelet you made with the tila's is gorgeous!!! And I love what you did with the cab- it looks perfect in your necklace. I am so happy that little birdie found a happy home! Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us!

Bobbie said...

I am so in love with the color of these beads -- they are just deliciously yummy! The tila bracelet is especially beautiful. What a great way to combine the tilas and gemstones..and the way you handled the cab is great...so, WOW!

windrock studio said...




Beauties!!

Amy S. said...

What a great idea you two had for this challenge! I love your pieces, and am particularly drooling over the tila bracelet! I love it!

Sweet Freedom said...

Nice work - I especially love the Tila bracelet. Always looking for new ways to use Tilas! And that bezel looks really interesting!

Cynthia said...

These are spectacular! I'm in awe of your bead designs, and no longer consider myself a jewelry designer... just a glass bead artist.

CraftyHope said...

I've been waiting for y'alls reveal (or this first one at least) and I'm definitely not disappointed. You really delivered!! I do love the amazonite, such a pretty shade of blue. All of your pieces are simply divine. You put your muse to work for sure. :) Now, I can't wait to see what Therese made or to see more of Erin's new pendants. Fun stuff!!

Honey from the Bee said...

Christine - I LOVE that tile bracelet. It's gorgeous!!

Ah.. a closer look at that cab. I'm very curious and really like the thickness or chunkiness look to it.

Teal and black are so attractive together.

Way to go!!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Wow! Everything is beautiful! Love the cab, that second bracelet had me drooling on my keyboard...sweet!!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love these amazonite beads. My favorite design you created here is the bracelet with the white beads weaved around. So so pretty! The cab work is so amazing too!

Mellisa said...

What a lovely cab, beautiful job with it!