Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

She Made-She Made October


She Made-She Made is happening a couple days early, as it seems Hurricane Sandy is going to beat the crap out of us.  I am not sure if we will have power the day we were supposed to do the October reveal.  So the beauty of a two-woman event is the flexibility it offers :-) 

(an aside...is it a little nuts that all I have banging around my head are the lyrics to "Sandy" from Grease and "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" by Bruce Springsteen, the early good years?  non-stop, these songs are looping.  i think i have a large amount of anxiety about this storm but i am trying to keep my composure)



Here is what Therese and I were working with for October...a very Late Fall feel to this selection.







And here is what I made with it.  I really love those plump and luscious dark drops and that leaf!  I added hints of the sky and the evergreens. 




A Big Thank You to Therese for the beads, the motivation, the friendship, and the fun!

Now go see what she made~I can't wait to see it myself!!!


13 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Christine,
Your necklace is beautiful I love that you put the drops and leaf in one piece. The turquouise colored beads work well with the dark rootbeer colored drops. Doming the drops with the seed beads was a cool touch I will have to remember that little trick. I have said this before, but I really mean it, you are a wonderful friend and I so enjoy our little projects together.
Stay safe, dry, and warm during this upcoming storm. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Therese

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christine, that leaf is so pretty and I love the colors you used to accent it! Very lovely design! I hope that you get power soon! What do you do when this happens? Does school stop for the kids? Do you just stay indoors until everything blows over?

Take care my friend!
Penny♠

Karin Slaton said...

This is one of my favorite color combinations this time of year - aqua and green with gold and deep red. Wishing you safety in the coming days!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oooooohhhhh! I Love this! I really like the little 'halos' over the beads and the loop for the focal - going to have to try that technique! I really like this combo you and Therese picked! deep beautiful Fall, with a stunning focal! gorgeous!

Stay dry and safe my friend!!!

LisaS said...

Just beautiful! - love that focal.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!!! I love that you and Therese are having so much fun working like this together!

Gloria said...

Pretty, it's like a walk in the forest and the crowns over the drops are like a little rain and sunshine.

Hope Sandy loses its power to generate rain very soon and you are all safe and dry ♥

Bobbie said...

Beautiful! The lovely leaf balanced under the brilliant blue of an autumn sky -- a great rendition of the season!

Now go stock up on your supplies and hunker down. Stay safe and dry!!

Sweet Freedom said...

Very pretty! I love the seed beads with the drops, which are a difficult shape for ME. I'll have to try this sometime.

Hope you stay safe in the storm!

kimmykats said...

Christine, I wish I could see this in person...I love the bead you used with the mixed colors...I have one similar in my stash. You beaders are awesome...I was wanting to incoperate some beading with my bead soup but, ended up going with wire....please stay safe and play with beads indoors during high winds!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Gorgeous Christine! I love that detailed leaf focal piece! I hope all was ok for you with the storm. What a disaster. So many people are still without power. Somehow my neighborhood was fine but not the rest of the town. The schools finally reopened today!

Maryanne said...

I love your necklace, Christine! That leaf pendant is gorgeous!
Hope you weathered the storm okay.

CraftyHope said...

Love this!! The colors are really gorgeous. I love the arc you added. It gives so much interest to the piece.