Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

She Made~She Made~She Made December



Hope you are all enjoying the Holiday Season!  Thanks for taking the time to visit this month's She Made~She made.  This month we are adding another person so it is a triple "She Made".   Yay!!!  Alicia from All the Pretty Things is joining Therese and I.  When you are done here, go take a look and see what goodies you will find at All the Pretty Things and at Therese's Treasures.  Look here to see Therese's pick for December's Challenge.  Therese and I will be working with a glass focal and square beads.  Therese and Alicia will be using some GORgeous teal glass beads.  I cannot wait to see what they do with those beauties! 

Here is what I made.  I am reading "Woody Guthrie : A Life" by Joe Klein and I think I was channeling the whole vibe of the book when I went with the stripped down feel and the muted colors.  Simple.  And I like it...a lot :-)  Though there was nothing simple about Woody.  But that might be better left to another blog post! 


Therese gifted me with this Juls Studio Gorgeous Glass Bead.  I had so many elaborate plans to weave and fringe and ripple and bling and it all is in the ever-growing pile of projects that just didn't work.  I made this long enough to slip over the head and on one side I used a matte olive rose drop bead and the other side matte olive rose seed beads.  I put some gorgeous Swarovski crystal donut beads in there.  I love blending earthy with shine.  I think they really compliment each other.  I balanced it so that the focal is across from a double of the crystals, as seen below. 


And here it is one more time.




Therese also picked these square beads.  I added green freshwater pearls and some seed beads and made this bracelet. 


That is what I have for this month...now to see what Therese and Alicia made!
~See You All in the New Year~

10 comments:

Alicia said...

Christine, besides being thankful for being invited this month to join you and Therese - I am, as usual, in love with your work!

I love both your pieces - you're absolutely right about blending shine with earthy: the necklace has such a beautiful feel!

The colours and mix on the bracelet are so refreshing: a casual yet elegant wear!

Wishing you a wonderful Happy New Year - and looking forward to admiring more of your work in the New Year!

Patti Van said...

Gorgeous necklace - I LOVE the peanut beads with the focal and the crystals - very nice look going on! I ADORE that bracelet with the square beads and your awesome weaving - lovely (as usual!) Happy New Year!!!!

Therese's Treasures said...

Wow Christine,
I love what you made with the glass bead from Studio Juls it is beautiful and is uniquely you. I love the bracelet also it is gorgeous. I am still working on mine just started last night so I will post later today, or post what I have done so far and then the finished pieces when done. I do apologize for being late, please forgive me.
I hope all is going well with you and that you and your family are enjoying the Holiday season.
Happy New Year,
Therese

AntiquityTravelers said...

oooh! first, loving that book ... :) and I can see why it inspired you! what a great piece! those beads are wonderful and I like the asymmetrical look to it - it really works! The bracelet is so sweet, but you always do just the perfect thing with your bracelets!!

Bobbie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty -- they look elegantly simple, but there's so much nice detail in them!

Penny Neville said...

Christine such a pretty piece! I am all about long these days and you did an amazing job and the colors are gorgeous! Hope all is well! Happy New Year.

Katherine at Terra Beadworks said...

I love the long necklace. Sometimes simple is elegant and you achieved that. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful job Christine! I love the delicate look fo the necklace. The book backdrop is fabulous. Happy New Year!

Karen Williams said...

What a great reminder that sometimes simplicity is truly the right way to go. I know with my own work that I'm always striving for 'more'. But your necklace works so beautifully just as it is. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger said...

Earn FREE bitcoins over at DailyFreeBits. 100 to 1,000 satoshis every 60 mins.