Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

She Made~She Made November



  She Made ~She Made November!  It is finally here. And look what Therese picked out for us to work with---A ROCK!  WOO HOO!  Love my rocks!  Lots of $ and time and stress getting my Graduate Gemologist degree and I go and make jewelry out of rocks I find in rivers and creeks and on beaches and, admittedly, some driveways.  The heart wants what the heart wants.  I cannot fight it. 

Therese picked out the rock I gave her from the shores of Lake Michigan and the branch pearls I bought the day we met (photo of the pick belongs to Therese).  What a fantastic combination~ I squealed when I saw her pick :-D

I knew where I wanted to go with these but was not sure I was going to get there.  But I did!  I arrived at my destination, almost as planned in my head.  The only variation was the way I strung the pendant.  I wanted to put some of the branch pearls on the necklace, right where the pendant hung.  But it looked like deer antlers coming out of the rock. And while I love venison, I am weary of being in the middle of hunting season here and didn't want it seeping in and mocking my jewelry universe. 

I did a ladder stitch for the base of the bezel around the cab.  Then embellished it with picot and added the branch pearls.  I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks Therese :-D

After you take the photo tour, go see what Therese made!












 Backside.  Wish my own backside looked this good!













From underneath. 

















Profile Shot.







Just liked the darkness here :-)








And the shadows.












Dig that Fringe!!!

















As a whole. 












The End. 

17 comments:

Karin Slaton said...

You should write a book on bezeling! I love how your treatment here compliments and doesn't overpower the natural beauty of the stone. Going asymmetrical brought a whole new personality to this piece, which is as lovely from the back as from the front. Love this!

Therese's Treasures said...

Wow Christine,
I love what you did with the rock and the pearls! Gorgeous, Awesome, Fantastic, You Rock! (no pun intended hehe)
Sorry I am late I had technical difficulties last night, but all is well this morning, so I am in the misted of writing my post now.
Therese

windrock studio said...

Wow is right! A stunner, for sure!

Amy S. said...

Very cool! Neat bezel!! I love the challenge you & Therese do!

Unknown said...

Oh Yes this is awesome and I see you even incorporated bugles in that bezel of yours!!! I look forward to these posts every month now!!!

Maryanne said...

I love this necklace, Christine! The bezel is great! Using bugles is such a neat idea! And, the pearls as fringe is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Christine I absolutely adore your bezel treatment but adding the pearls.... oh yes, perfection. I love that they are such a statement in themselves but add to the whole making a beautiful necklace. Well done!

kimmykats said...

Christine, I dig your fringe too! Love your creation and since I now sport my own rocks I need to get creating!! January can't come soon enough so I can play for me!

Bobbie said...

I am digging the fringe - and I'm not much of a fringe-y girl! The asymmetry of it makes it so special. Yummy necklace!

Tanya said...

That is really amazing! I love your bezels .. so unique and beautiful. I love those pearls and you used them wonderfully!

AntiquityTravelers said...

WOW, WOW!! I love your work with this rock! and pearls! so gorgeous my friend :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Very cool design Christine! I love the contrast of the rock with the iridesent pearls. The fringe is fabulous!

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Wow! I just love the beaded bezel! You are so creative!!!!

Alicia said...

Oh, wow - that's super-creative! Who knew a rock and a few pearls could become a gorgeous piece of jewelry?! Your seed bead work is wonderful!

Elysian Studios said...

I really love what you created! I dig that fringe!

FAZENDO ARTE said...

Adorei seu blog.
Estou aguardando a sua visitinha: www.fazendoarteleriente.blogspot.com
Feliz 2013 Leila ( Brasil )

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the bezel.

Rocks!!!!!