Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Been A While

I have been really busy with kids and jewelry commitments, with a mild funk thrown in the mix.  So I apologize for not checking in on all the lovely blogs that feel like home to me.  There don't seem to be enough hours in the day and something had to give.  So I put blogging and housework aside for a while.  But I am back :-)  And during the week, I will start visiting all you lovely ladies (and guy) again. 

I was vending at a festival this weekend.  And what sold the most was.....Rocks!  Never underestimate simplicity. 
I make jewelry to sell and to give away.  I think some pieces are meant to be free.  But I also make jewelry that I like to make and I do not worry what others suggest anymore ("more color" "make it for petite people" "make it for bigger people" "your prices are too high"  "your prices are too low".  You know.  You've heard it too.  And surprisingly enough, I heard none of that at this show...maybe they said it but I just didn't hear it because I chose not to hear it.  Or maybe they legitimately did not say it.  I am not sure.  Either way, I didn't have to defend myself, so all was good.)
Simple.  Understandable.  Accessible.  A focal point or a rhythm to the piece. That is what works for me. 

Tell us a bit about your style and what makes a good piece for you.

And a very fond farewell to my favorite rock necklace of the year that came off the shores of Lake Michigan one year ago this month...Life certainly is a Circle.




7 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Christine,
Glad you are back in more ways then one. I'm glad to hear that this past weekend went well for you with no bad complaints.
Therese

kimmykats said...

Christine, the necklace is awesome...can we see more??? I think there will always be those customers that try us but then, along comes that one special person that lifts us up and makes us love again what we do.

Unknown said...

I love this rock necklace. The mix of matte and shiny is so cool and interesting. Glad you were able to tune out the bad vibes. That is being true to your self!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh how pretty - no wonder it sold! Well you made my day today ... for some reason I had in my head that the Time to Stitch hop was today. And then I saw the reveal is next Tuesday! and it feels like a luxury of time! I have had those customers ... too big, too small ... I feel like asking if they know Goldilocks and what size she wears. The best projects for me are the ones that have been commissioned and I see the surprise and delight on their face when I had them the piece.

Bits of Learning said...

and one little star was so free we didn't even see it go!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! It was so nice to spend the weekend with you!!

Elysian Studios said...

I love that necklace! Very pretty! I am hoping to find some awesome rocks at the beach next week- I will have to wonder to myself if they would pass "The Christine Test" ! I am so happy you had a great show- and what you said was so good to her- stay true to yourself- that is what makes you special!!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the rocks!!!!