Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

!!! Blog Hop Announcement !!!

Good Morning Everyone! I am getting a late start this morning after a non-stop weekend but now I am here and ready to give my all. So let's get right to it~
Therese from Therese's Treasures and I are co-hosting a Blog Hop called "A Time to Stitch". We are asking that you make a project using either Peyote or Herringbone stitch. That is it! Therese and I are both beadweavers and we have not seen any blog hops that were geared toward just weaving, so that brought us to today.
If you are an experienced weaver and want to sign up, we want you!  If you are just getting started and need the push to get some more practice, we want you!  If you have never done it before and want to try your hand at it, we want you!  You can submit a completed project or sample swatches showing what you learned as you got to know the stitches.

Here are a few samples of Peyote Stitch and some links to helpful tutorials:

     ~my bracelet using flat, even count Peyote and tubular Peyote


    ~Therese's bracelet using 2-drop Peyote



   ~Therese's necklace using Cellini Spiral, a variation on tubular Peyote

 ~Peyote Turotial on you-tube
 ~written Peyote Turotial




And here are some Herringbone samples and tutorial links:


  ~my Herringbone (hint: using bugles makes the work go real fast :-) )





  ~Therese's Herringbone bracelet



  ~another of my Herringbone bracelets


  ~Herringbone Tutorial on you-tube
 ~written tutorial for Herringbone





Sign ups for A Time to Stitch Challenge and Blog Hop start today and go through Saturday May 12th.  The Hop itself will be on Tuesday, June 12th.  We are taking 30 participants and encourage you to e-mail us with any questions you might have regarding these stitches.  Between the two of us we should be able to answer most questions :-)
  ~my e-mail is:    onekisscreations@comcast.net
   ~Therese's e-mail is:   theresestreasures59@gmail.com

Please leave your name and e-mail address and blog address on either my blog or Therese's blog when you sign up.

And now it is Time to Stitch!

   ~feel free to put this badge on your blog...it doesn't link to anywhere, but it will act as a reminder :-)  



11 comments:

Bits of Learning said...

Sign me up!
Sally Russick
sallyrussick@gmail.com
www.thestudiosublime.com

Thank you!!!

Karen Williams said...

Ah, darn -Sally beat me to it as the first sign up!

Definitely sign me up too! :)

kimmykats said...

Oh I really like the herringbone bracelet with the bugle beads...I just purchased some hmmmmm.....I already signed up with Therese! I think I need to learn something new!! Thanks for hosting!!

Unknown said...

Sign me up, too!

Bobbie said...

Oooh, oooh, oooh (imagine the hand waving frantically from the middle of the classroom)!!!! I want to play, too!

Yes, ma'am, please sign me right up!

Andra said...

I'm in sign me up! Thanks for hosting.
Andra Weber
beadsbyandra@gmail.com
andrasjoyfuljourney.blogspot.com

10KDgroup said...

I'm in!!! I hope I'm not too late to sign up!!

beth@10kdgroup.com
www.10kdgroup.com

Unknown said...

I signed up on Therese's blog but thought I better throw my name in here as well. I want to try herringbone so will see but I must admit I can't follow directions worth a darn. That is why I love free form so much!

Marla said...

I am going to try to make it! I have a couple of commissioned pieces to make this month and I need to finish my Beading Babes one so if I can work it in I will be there as well!

Anonymous said...

Sign me girlfriends! This may just be the thing to get me out of my funk.

Mandy
www.beadsforbrains.blogspot.com

lamplight crafts said...

Never thought to use bugles for herringbone. Very sophisticated. I also like the Celini Spiral combined with the lampies. One day, I will attempt one.