Erin over at Elysian Studios and I are doing a Blog Hop for the 7000 Bracelets of Hope this year. We really enjoyed the last one and heard of people who wanted to make the bracelets again but had not heard of anyone putting together a Hop. So here we are~First time Hop Co-Hosts!
7000 Bracelets of Hope is run through the Global Genes Project, a rare disease group for children. The bracelets are donated to the mothers and caretakers of these children, as a way to give them a little support and lift their spirits.
The Blog Hop sign ups are today through February 11th. The Hop itself is February 25th.
If you would like to participate, here's what you need to do:
1. Leave a comment here or on Erin's post with your blog address and e-mail address.
2. Grab the button for the Hop on the Top Left of my page and put it on your blog.
3. Make a Bracelet with Blue as your primary color. The Global Genes Project uses the theme of jeans/denim, so think in those shades of Blue when you are picking out colors. Think casual and make it so it can fit any wrist size (approx 7-9")
4. Post a picture of your Bracelet on February 25th along with the link of participants Erin and I will send you.
5. Mail your Bracelet and a nice note to the anonymous recipient to the following address:
Children's Rare Disease Network
24701 La Plaza Suite 201
Dana Point, CA 92629
It was the 7000 Bracelets of Hope that started my blogging days last March. I wanted to participate and needed a blog to do it. So, being the techno-flunky I am, I went stripped down and simple with this blog. My 7th post was the Hop. I didn't know how to link and now I usually know, so I have made a wee bit of progress. I have met some wonderful, inspiring and supportive people in this past year. The technical side of this journey continues to be a struggle, but the pay off is all of you! So thank you for a year of laughter and warmth and story telling. I am glad I came to this party :-D