Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Please Join the 7000 Bracelets of Hope Blog Hop 2012



Erin over at Elysian Studios and I are doing a Blog Hop for the 7000 Bracelets of Hope this year. We really enjoyed the last one and heard of people who wanted to make the bracelets again but had not heard of anyone putting together a Hop. So here we are~First time Hop Co-Hosts!
7000 Bracelets of Hope is run through the Global Genes Project, a rare disease group for children. The bracelets are donated to the mothers and caretakers of these children, as a way to give them a little support and lift their spirits.

The Blog Hop sign ups are today through February 11th. The Hop itself is February 25th.

If you would like to participate, here's what you need to do:

1. Leave a comment here or on Erin's post with your blog address and e-mail address.

2. Grab the button for the Hop on the Top Left of my page and put it on your blog.

3. Make a Bracelet with Blue as your primary color. The Global Genes Project uses the theme of jeans/denim, so think in those shades of Blue when you are picking out colors. Think casual and make it so it can fit any wrist size (approx 7-9")

4. Post a picture of your Bracelet on February 25th along with the link of participants Erin and I will send you.

5. Mail your Bracelet and a nice note to the anonymous recipient to the following address:
Children's Rare Disease Network
24701 La Plaza Suite 201
Dana Point, CA 92629




It was the 7000 Bracelets of Hope that started my blogging days last March. I wanted to participate and needed a blog to do it. So, being the techno-flunky I am, I went stripped down and simple with this blog. My 7th post was the Hop. I didn't know how to link and now I usually know, so I have made a wee bit of progress. I have met some wonderful, inspiring and supportive people in this past year. The technical side of this journey continues to be a struggle, but the pay off is all of you! So thank you for a year of laughter and warmth and story telling. I am glad I came to this party :-D




Blog Hoppers:




  














































































































































31 comments:

Elysian Studios said...

Yay! Our first hop host! Thanks for jumping into this with me!

CraftyHope said...

Such a great idea to do it again! I signed up on Erin's blog but wanted to share some comment love with you too! :)

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh wow what a wonderful cause to make a beautiful gift for, count me in Christine. Oh and it has been a blast getting to know you too!
Therese
http://www.theresestreasures59.blogspot.com

windrock studio said...

I'm so glad you came to the party, too! and very happy that we met thru the wonderful bracelet hop ... please count me in on this one!

Lola said...

Count me in! I have another reveal scheduled for that day, but I'll figure something out . . . I'm not going to miss out on creating for a good cause!

http://www.beadlolabead.blogspot.com/
beadlolabead@yahoo.com

Thanks Christine and Erin!

Marla said...

I would like to be counted in for this as well please! Thanks so much for doing this! Going to go now and try to add the button to my blog. Wish me Luck!

AntiquityTravelers said...

I would love to be counted in on this. Happy to send a bracelet your way. I will be traveling on this date, so we'll have to figure something out for the post. Email me and let's do this!

http://antiquitytravelers.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

I'm in!

http://takeyourvitaminc.blogspot.com
kballor@aol.com

Shirley said...

Thank you both for setting this up. I was planning on making more for them, but it's always more fun to do it with a group! Count me in!

Lori Jean said...

Hi Erin...I signed up on Christine's blog and added the button to my blog. I can't wait to go start designing the bracelet to share. This is a wonderful idea!!!

Sharyl said...

Yes, please, I'll be happy to participate! Thanks to both of you!
http://www.sharylsjewelry.blogspot.com
sharylsjewelry@kc.surewest.net

Rose said...

I would like to join please!!!!

blog: http://ahteesblog.blogspot.com
email: ahteesemail(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thoughtfulhands said...

I would love to join in!

I didn't notice a date for shipping the bracelet is that asap?

http:www.thoughtful-notions.blogspot.com
outofwackk@aol.com

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Sign me up Christine, I'm open for business again! This hop from last year was my first also, and I started my blog just a few weeks before you. Can't believe how far we've come and how many great friends we have made. Thanks for doing the hop this year!

Sally Anderson said...

I'm so in! Thanks for doing this. It's great to be doing this for such a good cause.

Alicia said...

Count me in - I have the perfect beads for this one!
Thanks,

Alicia @ AllPrettyThings

Shel said...

Wow - what a great reason to create and have fun! Count me in too. I'll post the button on my blog today. Thanks for doing this!

Sweet Freedom said...

What a wonderful idea!

Skye said...

So glad I found this in time! Count me in! I trust we're welcome to make more then one if we're so inspired ;) ?


My info is all in my profile, but I'll stick it here anyone and save you clicking a link ;)

http://skyescreativechaos.blogspot.com

skye_sands AT hotmail.com

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

I though I missed the sign up date - but I didn't! Would love to help!

http://myaddictionshandcrafted.blogspot.com

pattivan@comcast.net

Linda Younkman said...

What a great cause. I have never done anything like this before but count me in. Reveal date Feb 25th. What are the dates for mailing out the bracelet?

Linda Younkman said...

Blog address http://lindysdesigns.blogspot.com/

email: lyounk09@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Sounds fun. I'm in!

Stacey said...

I'd like to join in on the fun please!!

http://currychaos.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I would love to join the hop!
http://mamasgottodoodle.blogspot.com

10KDgroup said...

Ok, it's late, but it's still 2.11. I'm in!! :)

10KDgroup
beth@10kdgroup.com

Honey from the Bee said...

Hi Christine - have fun with your first blog hop! ; ) I did this last year and will be doing it again this year, but won't get to complete mine until probably June. This is such a worthwhile organization and a fun project to raise awareness and spirits. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christine. I so want to post on everyone's blog today, but it's just not going to happen. There's some kind of glitch (the polite word) going on between Blogger and Wordpress that won't let me post. Things don't go through or just disappear in the middle.
Very frustrating, indeed. I'll try again tomorrow and hope they are 'speaking' to each other.

It's truly been fun to at least see everyone's lovely bracelets and read about their inspirations. Thanks so much for hosting this worthy event.

Lynda

tappingflamingo said...

Hi there, are you going to have another one of these blog hops. I would love to be involved with one of these. I actually know of a family who had two of their daughters with a very rare disorder, dock 9. Sadly, one has passed, but their other daughter still suffers from this, and continues to go through experimental testing. This opportunity would be close to my heart. Anyway, let me know if you do another one of these. You can just leave a message on my blog.

RASHMI said...

Leolist Toronto ----
Are you looking for Leolist Toronto? We have the best alternative of Leolist Toronto
here on https://toronto.xgirl.ca/
Visit Leolist Toronto.xgirl.ca. today and find the best results related to Leolist Toronto

RASHMI said...

Leolist Vaughan ----
Are you looking for Leolist Vaughan? We have the best alternative of Leolist Vaughan
here on https://vaughan.xgirl.ca/
Visit Leolist Vaughan.xgirl.ca. today and find the best results related to Leolist Vaughan.