Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Rocks Off On The Last Hump Day in April


 I've been beading rocks like my sanity depends on it.  And I do believe it does.

I am currently working on something different from what I have done before.  If it works out, I'll post it in the next couple weeks.  It will either be a Hump Day post or a WhatTheFriday?!? post, depending on how confident I feel about it when it is complete.



These are two of the better ones from the past week.


Lake Michigan quiet beauty.  Side A.  

Side B...or A...your choice! 

Gram's Button, Lake Michigan Rock, Netting, Miyuki Seed Beads and Delicas.





Lake Michigan Rock, Side A

Side A  ~ those lines!  

Side B ~ lots of lines and a little pothole. 

Gram's Button, Lake Michigan Rock, Ladder Stitch, Peyote Stitch, Miyuki Seed Beads and Delicas, Bugle Beads.  



I always bead with an A Side in mind, but often B becomes the A Side for me.  In my youth, I bought 45's by the dozens at Sam Goody's.  I'd come home excited at the prospect of blasting Bruce Springsteen's "I'm Goin' Down" over and over and over again until the record was too scratched and warped, only to find the B Side ~ "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart" ~ was a MUCH better song.  Same with buying "Cover Me"..."Jersey Girl" was the B Side.  Come on...no contest!  My music taste has evolved, but my being seduced by the B Side  of ANY item is as consistent as the day is long.  


4 comments:

windrock studio said...

Oh, I so agree about always giving the B side a good chance! Both of these pieces are stunning and I love the little pothole!

Liz said...

Is that green rock serpentine? I find green rocks on the beach sometimes, but not that often.

One of the many things I love about your rocks is the reversibility. The bugles, allowing rock to peek out all around the side, is brilliant. You also have a great feel for when to stop with the bezel. I too often succumb to the temptation for "one more round". Your bezels, however, are perfect. PERFECT!

I am anxiously awaiting "something different from what I have done before". Don't keep us in suspense too long. Whatever it is, I hope it works out to your liking.

AntiquityTravelers said...

I was a 'B Side' kind of gal! Somehow it was always a quieter, softer song that wasn't worn out by DJs overplaying it! I recall the colander we would slide over the center rod so we could stack up the 45s - ha! that takes me back to lazy summer days.... ah, the 'B Side' days.

I love that you frame nature in your bezel, and as Liz says don't get caught up in going overboard with the beads. I adore the green rock .... I want to just run my thumb over it. A good 'thinking' rock for sure.

Bobbie said...

Aaah, the serenity of the rocks....

The green rock really captures me - I don't know if it's the subtle colors and surface texture or the great way you accommodated the undulations in the thickness of the stone with your clever bezel, but it's really lovely.

And like Liz, I'm SO curious about the "something different"!