Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Creative Continuum ~ September

The Creative Continuum is here once again, as we celebrate Fall :


Alicia ~ April

Therese ~ May

Sally ~ June

Monique ~ August

Cynthia ~ September

Emma ~ October

Me ~ November



Or as Cynthia's photo inspiration is titled, "Indian Summer"  :


I don't know if a day can get any more beautiful than this!  



Here is my interpretation of Cynthia's photo:

Red Picasso beads, gold hex cut beads, rock-looking Czech beads



Lake Michigan Rock


Fleur got a little angry that I covered up her paint for the first few photos



Clearly, I ignored the color pallet and went with the vibe of the photo.  


The weaving is Random Right Angle Weave, which I learned a while back from Karen William's wonderful Lacework Bracelet Pattern tutorial.  I cannot say enough good things about this tutorial and the stitch itself ~  Do check it out! Random RAW is the perfect support for this triangle rock. 

Please check out the above links to the other participants in these small monthly hops.  

Thanks for providing such and inspiring photo, Cynthia! 




10 comments:

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful necklace Christine, at first I though that you had drilled holes in pebbles for the necklace, but then I read that they are Czech beads. The random RAW is a great bezel for your triangular rock and the red really goes great with the dark rock.
Therese

AntiquityTravelers said...

You absolutely nailed the vibe of the photo! Your pieces is earthy, balanced, and rich in color ... I LOVE IT! this is pure Christine and simply gorgeous

Maryanne said...

I love the red with that rock! Random RAW is great with this. Love everything about it!

Honey from the Bee said...

Ah... Best time of year! Another gorgeous rock and color choice. Great capture of the theme and use of RAW.

Liz said...

You were absolutely spot-on working from the photo. The rock is one of those rocks I might pick up to skip across that beautiful lake but then holding it, turning it, really looking at it, I would put it in my pocket instead! Those Czech rock-like beads are perfect.

windrock studio said...

Yep, I love your piece so much ... you rocked it! Also love that beautiful photo!

Empty nester at last said...

Beautiful! I love the contrasting colors! The red really pops against the stone...and I will have to check out that new technique! Excellent job!

KJ said...

Your rocks make me happy - I think it is the creativity from found objects.

I am with you on the Karen Williams tutorials.

Amy S. said...

You rock!! But seriously - I love the work you do with rocks. And the random RAW is such a good idea to frame that rock. RAW is so versatile!! Anyway - your colors are great and I think it's quite charming that the palette featured a lake and you brought that element in as well with your lake rock!

CraftyHope said...

Oh, I just love this piece. The weaving around the rock is so very cool. It makes it feel natural and tactile and gives it the earthy element of the photo too. You really did a fab job with this challenge!