Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

A Time To Stitch Eight ~ Sign Ups June 20-27, Reveal November 21




Yes ~ Therese and I are ready to sign you up again, at your say-so.

We'd like to do it now to give you all a nice looooooooong time to get your projects done...or to procrastinate, as Therese pointed out in conversation ;-)

This time around, we are doing Amulet Bags, Totes, Purses, Clutches.  Some part of them will be made of bead weaving.  It is up to you do decide if the whole bag will be done in bead weaving stitches, or the strap only, or bead embroidery on fibers, or netting on fibers, etc.  Just some obvious part.

Back in College when I went out to bars, I carried my I.D.(folded the laminate to make it fit), some money, and my apartment key in an amulet bag around my neck.  It was easy and compact and I didn't have to worry about a purse while I was out.  Now that the kids are carrying most of their own stuff these days, I want to go back to that ease again...the amulet bag, not the bars.  I have a porch now for that ;-)

Here is the my Pearl Street Bar Hopping Amulet Bag (purchased in the late 80s in Estes Park for $30)...for all the smokey, sweaty, sticky places it has been, it is still in great shape :





There are many free tutorials out there :

Bella On Line Amulet Bag Pattern

Fire Mountain Gems Amulet Bag Pattern

Earth Mother Crafts Winter Cardinal Amulet Bag 


Go on Google Image and be wowed and amazed!  And wowed some more.



Since it is five months until the reveal, we are planning on sending a few more reminders over the months than we normally do  So please, when you sign up, include your e-mail, blog address, and name.  Even if you know we have it.  We greatly appreciate it!














13 comments:

Jenny said...

Sign me up! I am in... What do I have to do? Jenny

Amy S. said...

I already signed up on Therese's blog! Love this idea for ATTS 8!!! I love this creative twist on your challenge!
I promptly ordered some supplies for the idea I had and just got the message that it's on the way! Safe travels

Maryanne said...

Sign me up! I have some ideas already!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Cute amulet bag. Great idea carrying one around to the bars with just the essentials! Looking forward to seeing what you guys create.

Liz said...

Of course sign me up. I don't think it gets much better than this!

Linda Younkman said...

Oh I'm probably going to regret this - I'm terrible at deadlines but I've been wanting to do an amulet bag for awhile - lyounk09@gmail.com; www.lindysdesigns,com

AntiquityTravelers said...

oh you know I'm in - you don't have to ask, and you know where to find me :)

Unknown said...

Oooh,sign me up. I've been wanting to do a beaded/felted bag.

Bobbie said...

Yes, please, sign me up! Amulet bags were what got me interested in beadweaving in the first place, and even though I only made one, it was the gateway intoxicant...

Sarah Sequins said...

Yes, please! This challenge sounds awesome, and it will be a perfect chance for me to expand on the beaded bags I have already made:

http://sarahplaysdolls.blogspot.com/2015/05/check-out-my-rack.html

Sarah (SaturdaySequins.com, sarahsequins@yahoo.com)

bead addict said...

This sounds like fun! I can't commit to joining in this time around , but I will definitely be checking out all of your creations :-)

Karin Slaton said...

I was at a sister's retreat in Asheville when I saw this post. Everyone sighed over your amulet bag and remembered wearing their own in college. It made for a great evening of storytelling! And yes, please sign me up!

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Therese, I went back to school so I have not had much computer time lately and I missed the sign up for this. Can you please work me in even if I am two days late?